Client: UK College of Business and Computing is a leading provider for Higher Education and Training programmes in London.
The client requested assistance in installing 200 data points, Wi-Fi access points and CCTV throughout their new 7 storey building in the heart of Holborn (London).
In partnership with CCTV4UK, an initial survey was conducted to assess the project. The survey report concluded that the project was to be completed in 3 phases within a month and a half.
Inspecting the building with the project manager, we had to coordinate this project with other contractors and management to timely complete each phase, not allowing any disruption on the completion. Phase 1: Installing the cat5e structured cabling, for the data points, Wireless access points and CCTV cameras. Phase 2: Finishing the structured cabling data points, installing the CCTV dome cameras and installing the Wireless access points. Phase 3: Assembling and arranging comms cabinet, installing the patch panels, and testing the infrastructure.
With the Comms cabinet in order we tested the entire structured cabling using our fluke tester to determine data speeds and compliance.
- Decommission old structured cabling and equipment
- Installation of Excel structured cabling (200 Cat5e data points)
- Installation of CCTV Cat5e cabling
- Installation of Wireless access points Cat5e cabling
- Mounting 32 CCTV Dome Cameras
- Installation and Configuration of Wi-Fi Access Points
- Configuration of NVR
- Assembling and arranging comms cabinet
- Installation of patch panels, switches, PDU
- Trace and label patch panel ports and cables
- Wi-Fi signal and performance assessment
- Certify data cabling installation with Fluke Cable IQ Qualification Tool
- Testing and commissioning
- Excel Cat5 Structured Network
- Ubiquiti UniFi UAP AC
- Netgear Switches
- Qvis CCTV
The project took us 1.5 months in 3 phases to complete, with some challenges and delays. Overall the client was very pleased with our work and efforts. In return they assigned another project to us close to Oxford Circus. Another project completed with success.